Having The Right Child Toys Can Make A Difference
Learn to choose the best toys and games for your kid before you make your first step into a toy store
Ever found yourself in a child toys store… surrounded by tens… maybe hundreds of toys… with all sorts of attractive colors… but not knowing which one would be the right one for your child?
After a few moments, you actually start believing the seller, and you’re only seconds away from paying for a toy with no guarantee that your child will like it.
In most of the cases, you would pay for it, only to go home and discover that your child does not want to play with the toy …
Is that you? Then, welcome! I will help you avoid such unpleasant moments.You’ll know exactly what toys are right for your child from now on, and you won’t have to listen any more for any salesman’s predefined “convince to buy a toy” script.
You are the one who knows your child best and you are the only one capable of choosing the right toy for him.
Remember how it was when you where a child? What was your main activity? Was it working? Of course not. Your main activity was play. You had no concerns. You needed toys and your parents where supposed to provide you with them. They had to find toys you wouldn’t throw away and believe me, it wasn’t easy for them.
Now you are a parent and you are in the same situation as your parents years ago. You’re looking for toys that your child will like.
That’s why you must know how to choose the right toys. My parents made one common mistake: they would buy me toys that THEY considered wonderful.
But usually, when they would give me the toy, I would either consider it too girlish or too boring. It wasn’t fun for them to see how a toy they bought for me to play with would stay forgotten in my closet.
What’s the best child toy for your kid?
Just watch your child closely to determine his preferred activities, skills level, preferred band(s) and movie(s), and so on.
Now don’t just go into the first toy shop and buy the first Lord of the Rings action figure you find. Observations aren’t enough. There are some other very important factors you must consider. Adding them into the equation helps ensure you that your child will have lots of fun with the toy you’ll choose to buy for him.
Factors to consider when choosing toys for children:
- Child’s age – This is very important. If you buy toys too advanced for your child’s age, chances are that he might get injured.Toy manufacturers struggle to make their products as safe as possible, but if you don’t follow their recommendations, your child may suffer.On the other hand, if you buy toys made for children with age under that of your child, he will consider them too boring. The best thing is to choose toys designed precisely for your child’s age.
- Gender – This is exactly what I said above that my parents bought me toys that I considered to be girlish. I’m a boy, but the same is with girls too. Any detail that may make the toy look as for the other gender than that of your child will make the toy undesired.
- Toys your child’s friends play with – When your child is playing with his friends, watch to find out if he manifests interest in any of his playmate’s toys. If he does, then it’s very likely that he would like to have a toy similar the one his friend has.
- Sometimes, a child tells his parents what toy he wants, thus saving them from a lot of hard work. But don’t count on this. Some children aren’t very keen to talk with parents unless they really want a certain toy.
- Safety – This is the most important factor you must consider whenever you need to decide what toy you should buy for your child.Unfortunately, this is also the most overlooked one. Usually, parents forget to check if the toy they choose for their children are safe.
- Is it educational? – It’s a good thing if the toys you choose for your child can help him develop new skills. Take a look at this guide to choose a child educational toy for your kid for a better picture.
And please remember that the age difference between you and your kid is of at least 20 years. Just because you liked a toy when you were a kid doesn’t mean that your child will love it too. Children from different generations like different types of toys.
Pay Attention on How You Give Your Kid the Toy
Once you have a toy to offer, don’t do it in a “Here’s your toy. Now go and play with it” manner. It won’t mean a thing for your kid, and next thing you know, that toy will end up at the back of the closet.
Hide the toy somewhere where he can find it, and encourage him to look for it. Laugh with him, search for it together… And when the he finds it, don’t leave him to play by himself. Your job is not done yet.
Get further involved in the play. Make it the fun of a lifetime. A parent is a child’s first and best friend. So be a good friend, and a good parent.
It’s not very difficult. It’s not easy either. But it can definitely be fun!
Children at different stages in their development, have precise needs that are fulfilled differently for every age. That’s why we have both baby toys and toys for toddlers in order to meet every one of these needs.
We know that play accomplishes a lot more than giving the youngsters a good time, so actually choosing a good selection of child educational toys will help you as a parent use this opportunity to give you child a change to learn some new skills that will prove useful later in life. Such educational toys include construction such as LEGO or K’Nex.
Over the years, with each successful movie, hundreds of products meant to bring fans deeper into the movie universe have been releases. Not surprisingly, movie toys portraying successful characters have always been popular with kids.
With all the new spectacular video games that have been released in the last few years, PCs and consoles have taken a well deserved place in a kid’s life, so purchasing computers for children is an important investment parents do for their younglings.
In the list of things a parent must watch for, the child’s hygiene ranks top. And although some children don’t like it, you can make bath fun with a few bath toys and love.
Still in the realm of having fun with water, the pool is a place everyone love. Having a few pool toys that kids can use to throw water at one another is always a good idea. It’s recommended that you have a special kid pool for those under 10.
With some children, you have to make sure the toys are as resistant as possible, because they just can’t stop breaking them. That’s why wooden toys are recommended in these situations. They’re not going to stop them from trying to dismantle them, but they’ll at least last longer. You could take a look at some wooden toy boxes that could help keep the room a little tidier.
And a word of caution on plush toys. They are fun and cute, but you should probably read this article before rushing to buy one.
My other interests
I totally love this website, but I also have two other side projects which I’m totally mad about. The first is Italian Fashion Designer which deals with everything involving the major fashion houses in the little shoe-shaped Mediterranean country. The other one is A1 Sneakers which, as you already guessed, covers another one of my passions.
There’s a lot to say about them, so if you’re interested, go check the about me page or better yet, pay them a visit.